Are There Any Drug Treatment Programs for People Who Have No Money and No Health Insurance?

Question by Annfes: Are there any drug treatment programs for people who have no money and no health insurance?
My son and I live in Massachusetts and he is addicted to pain killers. It’s destroying his life and I don’t know what on earth to do!

Best answer:

Answer by Nikki L
How old is your son? If he is under 18 he automatically qualifies for medicaid, if you cannot afford other health coverage. They pay for drug treatment in most states.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Needham Times guest column: We can all help prevent suicides

Filed under: drug treatment programs in massachusetts

Similarly, alcoholism and other drug addictions are related to and may be risk factors for suicide. Counseling, frequently combined with medication, is usually successful in treating depression and drug addiction. … Many resources are available …
Read more on Wicked Local


AstraZeneca taps Broad Institute for new antibiotic, antiviral drugs

Filed under: drug treatment programs in massachusetts

Deal-hungry AstraZeneca ($ AZN) has struck a pact with the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard to fuel discovery of new antibiotics and other treatments against infectious diseases. And the London-based drug giant believes that the tie-up with the …
Read more on FierceBiotech


4 Responses to Are There Any Drug Treatment Programs for People Who Have No Money and No Health Insurance?

  • chapaton says:

    Look in the phone book underneath your county. Usually it is Such and Such county department of mental health. They will set you up with medicaid/state aid and get your son the help he needs.

  • Hoops says:

    I think your son is addicted to happiness, and to cure his addiction, you need to find out what makes him happy besides pain killers.

  • gurrrly says:

    you need to phone your local residential treatment program, or a day treatment program, and ask about these services and what is their criteria for helping.

  • mollyzowiepink says:

    Is your child under 18? If so you and him go to your local Health office and apply for medicade or most states have other sources of insurance with little or no co-pay,be honest and tell them of the situation and all will be based on your income. GOOD LUCK!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *